1. WHO ARE WE?
BizLine, specialist in equipment and consumables for professionals, distributes its products within the Rexel Group. The company is headquartered at 13 boulevard du Fort de Vaux, 75017 Paris.
In accordance with applicable law, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation, we act as a data controller when processing your personal data. We are therefore responsible for our use of personal data or use made on our behalf.
2. OUR COMMITMENT
Ensure the confidentiality of the database and establish a relationship of trust. As a result, we take the protection of your privacy seriously while performing our activities, whether this is on our websites or through the Rexel branch network.
The present notice relating to the protection of your privacy explains how we collect and process your personal data.
This may be modified at any time, in which case the new version will be published on our website. The last update of the present notice was on 12 April 2019.
3. INFORMATION WE PROCESS
You provide us with certain personal data when you interact with us via the medium of our sales channels, for example when you create an account on our website or contact us to ask a question. We collect certain personal data by observing your use of our websites of applications, for example by using technology such as cookies.
Please note that we only process information collected from you to provide you with products or services that you expect.
You may exercise control over personal data that we process. When you are asked to provide personal data, you may refuse to provide this. However, if you choose to not provide personal data that we require to provide a product or a service, we may be unable to provide you with this product or service.
Personal identification: your name, surname and signature.
Contact details: your email address, postal address and work phone number and other similar details such as a delivery address.
Information on your user account: the date of creation of your account, your Rexel account number, your user name, your passwords and other security information used for authentication and account access.
Purchases: data on the quotes you request on the Kits for vans tool.
Location data: information concerning your location for the purposes of delivery and the use of your details.
Your interactions with use: the content of messages, emails, letters or phone calls that you have sent us, such as comments and notices concerning products that you have written, or questions and information that you ask/send to customer services.
4. WHY DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
We use personal data as part of the requirements for our relationship with you. This includes:
- Improvement of our products and services
- Marketing (directory, newsletters, canvassing and profiling)
- Loyalty programmes (cards, events, competitions and prize draws)
- External communication
- Compliance with legal requirements
These activities are explained further in the following paragraphs. 4.1. Sale We use personal data for essential activities such as:
· After-sales service and product return: we use your personal data for the activation of the product warranty for the order, the receipt, recording and management of customer complaints and/or product returns and the processing of the complaints file.
· Customer service. We use your personal data to answer your questions and ensure after-sales service for our products and services. 4.2. Improvement of our products and services We use your personal data to:
· Conduct surveys or ask your opinion regarding our products and services: your answers and opinions are used for purposes of quality control and for the improvement of our products and services.
· Analyse your use of our websites, applications and your reaction to our communications to improve the products and services that we offer. 4.3. Marketing We use your personal data for:
· Directory: we may create a file of clients/prospective customers.
· Newsletters: we may send you newsletters concerning our products and services.
· Marketing: we may send you communications (including emails and text messages) regarding our products and services or those of third parties where we think these may interest you (for example because they have aspects in common with other products and services that you have bought or that you have expressed an interest in).
· Personalised content: we may use your personal information to provide you with personalised content and advertisements.
· Loyalty programme (events, competitions, prize draws): we may register you for our loyalty programmes and offer you rewards. 4.4. External communication We use your personal information to provide you with information concerning:
- energy markets
- our events or new products and services
- our corporate strategy, governance or our values 4.5. Compliance with our legal obligations We process your personal data or transfer this to third parties when required by applicable law, in particular:
- Tax law
- Accounting law
- Legislation relating to fraud prevention
- Legislation relating to the reduction of credit risk
- Insurance law
- Human resources law
- Compliance with our legal obligations 4.6. Disputes and litigation We may process your personal data to:
- resolve current or potential disputes
- defend our legal rights
- maintain our defence within legal proceedings
- respond to requests from the police or legal authorities
- and more generally to protect our rights, our confidentiality, our security or our property. 4.7. Legal basis For each of these purposes, BizLine collects, uses and transfers your personal data as long as there is a legal basis. The following reasons form the legal basis:
· Because we have to comply with the law. In certain cases, we have to keep your personal information as this is required by law. For example: to ensure security in a general manner, for financial reasons etc.
· Because you have given your consent. For example: when you complete forms online or in hard copy and choose to provide us with your information.
· Because this is in our legitimate interest. For example: to prevent fraud etc. When we process your information on this basis, we always try to reconcile our interest in obtaining this information with your rights and legitimate expectations.
5. PASSING ON YOUR INFORMATION AND OUR RELATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We pass on your personal data with your consent where this is required for any of the purposes listed in the “Why we use your data” paragraph.
We may transmit your personal data to providers for any of the purposes listed in the “Why we use your data” paragraph.
Our partners must comply with our confidentiality rules for data and security, and are not authorised to use personal data that they receive from us for any other purpose. 5.2. Other recipients We may also provide your personal data to the following parties:
· Legal or regulatory authorities
· Parties involved in legal proceedings, such as lawyers, plaintiffs, defendants, etc. to support our defence or exercise our legal rights.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
We may transfer your personal data outside of France and the European Economic Area: in this case, we follow the required procedure to obtain the necessary guarantees for security of this transfer.
7. STORAGE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We store your personal data for as long as is necessary for the processing purposes. The storage duration varies from one type of personal data to anther and depends on:
· The requirement for the company to store personal data
· Contractual obligations and the requirements of business partners
· Legal obligations (data protection, insurance, tax, human resources etc.).
· Rules and regulations published by the authorities responsible for the protection of data
BizLine may store certain personal data beyond this duration, for example to settle disputes and for the requirements of current or anticipated or legal proceedings, to keep records of its services, fulfil its legal obligations and defend its legal rights.
8. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We regularly review technical and organisational measures set up to protect our information and communication systems to adapt them to risks which you are subject to and to prevent any loss, unauthorised modification or misuse of your personal data.
You are responsible for keeping the password that you use to access our site confidential. We will never ask for your password unless you are logging in to the site.
We accept no responsibility in the case of damage caused by access to or use of our site, including the case of a virus infecting your computer or any other material damage.
While we take all precautions to ensure that information provided on our site is correct, we cannot be held responsible in case of error, omission or result that could be obtained, transmitted, retransmitted or gathered using this information.
9. YOUR RIGHTS
You may exercise all rights granted to the persons concerned. You have the following rights:
Right of access: you have the right to know whether we hold personal data concerning you. You have the right to obtain a copy of personal information which we hold concerning you, as well as other information on the processing of this data:
Right of correction: you have the right to the correction of personal data concerning you that is inaccurate, and in certain cases have the right to the limitation of processing of your personal data. You may also opt out of the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes or for other reasons relating to your particular circumstances;
Right of opposition: you may opt out of the use of your personal data for certain uses (for example for commercial purposes);
Right to the limitation of processing: you have the right to ask us to limit our use of your personal data in certain cases, for example while we investigate a complaint regarding inaccurate personal data (under certain conditions):
Right to deletion: You may ask us to delete your personal data (under certain conditions);
Right to data portability: Where applicable, you have the right to receive a copy of personal data which you have sent to us (in a machine-readable form) or to have this data transferred to another company;
Right to withdraw your consent: You may withdraw the consent you have given for the processing of your personal data at any time. This includes consent to marketing (see “Why we use your data” in the “Marketing” paragraph.
A cookie is a small text file saved on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies serve primarily to collect information concerning your browsing on the site and to provide you with personalised services. Cookies are handled by your computer’s web browser.
Some cookies may store personal data, including information you provide such as your user name, or when you are tracked to receive targeted advertising.
- Required cookies: these cookies are essential for the proper functioning of our site.
- Functional cookies: these cookies optimise and simplify your user experience.
- Analytical and performance cookies: these cookies are used for internal purposes to help us to give you a better user experience.
- Targeting and advertising cookies: these cookies are used to present you with content (including advertising content) that is personalised and relevant to you, as well as to assess the effectiveness of this content.
|Type of cookie||Cookie name||Cookie function|
|HTTP||JSESSIONID||Saves user settings through page requests|
|Type of cookie||Cookie name||Cookie function|
|HTTP||_ga||Records a unique identifier used to generate statistical data on the way in which the visitor uses the site.|
|HTTP||_gat||Used by Google Analytics to significantly reduce the number of requests.|
|HTTP||_gid||Records a unique identifier used to generate statistical data on the way in which the visitor uses the site.|
|Pixel||collect||Used to send data to Google Analytics concerning the visitor’s device and behaviour. Records visitor behaviour on different devices and marketing channels.|
|HTTP||PAGECACHE_FORMKEY||Enables more rapid page display.|
You can change your cookie settings at any time. By changing the settings in your web browser, (click on the “Help” button in your browser to for more information), you can choose to be alerted each time a cookie is sent, or just to refuse them, but in this case certain functions of our site will not be available.
Settings are different for each browser. To find out how to do this for each browser, click on the links below:
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
In addition, don’t forget that if you use different computers in different places you should check that each browser is configured for your cookie preferences.
11. HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS?
To exercise the abovementioned rights or obtain additional information on these rights, you can
- contact us using the following methods:
Data Protection Officer
FAO: Data Protection Officer
13 bd du fort de Vaux